Saturday, October 23, 2010

Meeting a Role Model


Don't you just love how the Lord puts things together to give us an extra special blessing? I thoroughly experienced this this weekend as I had the wonderful oppurtunity to meet a lady that I consider a role model. For most of you that know me pretty well, you know that one thing I am very much interested in is saving money, getting coupons and freebies and everything along those lines. Crystal Paine is the author of the blog moneysavingmom.com in which I have diligently followed and learned greatly from for several years now.

Dale and I were originally planning to spend the weekend in Gettysburg since it was close to our school on Monday, but the hotel prices were outrageous. So we decided to stay another weekend in Harrisburg. While I was catching up on Crystal's blog on Friday I found out that she was speaking at a conference in Harrisburg at the Sheraton -- right across the road from where we were staying!!! Imagine my complete surprise as I found out that this great Christian lady from Kansas was in the same place that we were and then my further surprise when we were able to meet up today!

Let's just say it was an unexpected surprise that I still can't believe but am so thankful for the amazing oppurtunity!

You can check out Crystal's blog and be inspired to save more in order to give more at http://www.moneysavingmom.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment